Labradorite Properties & Meaning
What is the Meaning of Labradorite?
Intro to Labradorite Crystals
Labradorite is a stone of many layers, and is one of the most interesting looking crystals known to man. It's unique appearance is reminiscent of an aura, and Labradorite has properties far from ordinary as well. Labradorite isn't called "The Stone of Magic" for no reason, as this stone has properties that will help to enhance metaphysical power.
History of Labradorite
Labradorite crystals were discovered for the first time by geologists in 1770. This incredibly beautiful gem was unearthed on the Labrador peninsula of Newfoundland, Canada, and quickly became a popular and sought after gem.
Labradorite jewelry was highly coveted during the 18th century in both England and France.
Mineralogy of Labradorite
Crystal System: Triclinic
Manner of Formation: Primary
Mineral Class: Tectosilicates - feldspar family
Color: Grey-green, grey, black, yellow, blue, iridescent color play that can contain multiple colors including white, yellow, green, turquoise, blue, orange, and purple
Chemical Formula: NaAlSi₃O₈/CaAl₂Si₂O₈ + K, Mg, Sr, Ba, Ti, Fe, Mn
Did you know? Spectrolite is a variety of black Labradorite that breaks up light into different colors!
Healing Properties of Labradorite:
Which Chakra is Labradorite Aligned With?
Labradorite is often associated with the Crown, Third Eye, and Throat chakras.
As a crystal that has properties aligning it with the spiritual realm and self-discovery, Labradorite is a powerful Crown Chakra crystal.
Labradorite is known to enhance intuition and psychic gifts as a Third Eye Chakra crystal.
The unique ability to help you manifest communication with spirit, your spirit guides and guardian angels, makes Labradorite a great crystal to use for work with the Throat Chakra as well.
When to Use Labradorite Crystals
Labradorite crystals are one of the best crystals to use if you are embarking on a journey of self-discovery. As both a Crown Chakra and Third Eye Chakra stone, Labradorite crystals will help you unlock your natural psychic powers and abilities.
Use Labradorite crystals when you are looking to deepen your connection with spirit, your spirit guides, guardian angels, or just the spirit realm in general.
Labradorite stones will help enhance your intuition, strengthen your natural energy and stamina, and unlock the power hidden within you.
Tips for Working with Labradorite Crystals
- Meditate with your Labradorite crystal, placing it on or near your Third Eye Chakra.
- Hold a piece of Labradorite in your hand during your visualization or mindfulness practices.
- Place your Labradorite crystal on your Third Eye Chakra while lying down to enhance dream recall and visitations from your Spirit Guides or Guardian Angels.
- Use Labradorite in crystal grids or layouts specifically for activating the third eye.
- Keep a piece of Labradorite near your bed or under your pillow to facilitate lucid dreaming and astral travel.
- Don't forget to clear your Labradorite stone after doing any major spiritual work with it.
Read More About Labradorite: